Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Banana Bread Recipe

So I had bought bananas at the grocery store a little while ago, and once they started to bruise, my boyfriend started to beg me to attempt banana bread because his mom and grandma used to make it when their bananas would start too bruise.. *sigh*. Now I had to! So I whipped out my laptop and found what I determined to be a pretty solid recipe. (Thank you, internet!) Not to brag, but it turned out amazing! Everyone at work went crazy for it, as well as my boyfriend and our friends. Definitely recommend this recipe!

Banana Bread


2 c. sugar
1 c. butter
5 eggs
2 c. flour
6 Tbs. buttermilk
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 c. ripe bananas (5 small)
****I actually used 3 regular size bananas that I grabbed at Giant Eagle and the flavor was perfect. Another one might have made the banana flavor a tad overwhelming.

1.) Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2.) Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl. Blend well, but do not overmix
3.) Pour into greased and floured Bundt pan
4.) Bake for 60 min. or until bread tests done
5.) Place on wire rack and let cool before removing bread from pan
6.) Dust with powdered sugar before serving

Ta-da! Very simple and very delicious. Enjoy! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment