Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Devil's Food Cupcakes with Caramel Filling and Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

Today was a chocolate and caramel kind of day. So what better remedy than a good devil's food cupcake with caramel filling and a chocolate buttercream frosting? I pulled from three different recipes on this one, so again, to save your time and mine, I'll just post the links to the recipes and provide some pictures! The Devil's Food Cupcake recipe you'll find already posted on my blog. I found the amazing caramel recipe here- Caramel Filling Recipe! and the chocolate buttercream recipe here-  Chocolate Buttercream Frosting


^^The cocoa, flour, and butter mixture for the cake batter

^^The start of the caramel filling! (please excuse the chunks of butter) 

^^The cupcakes are now filled! So. Much. Caramel.

^^Finally, the buttercream frosting, mmmmm!

^^Finished buttercream (left) 
And of course, the finished cupcakes! Used a pretzel for a garnish for that "chocolate covered pretzel" taste. Not sure how everyone else is gonna like it, but I love it at least! Let me know what you think! Hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I did! :)

Have a great Friday, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment