Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Devil's Food Cupcakes

What the heck, I feel like posting one more recipe today! This is my devil's food recipe, and I'm completely in love with it. I don't see myself ever using a different recipe. The texture is perfect, and they taste incredible. Plus you can mix it up a little with the frosting. I've used a chocolate ganache frosting as well as a great cream cheese frosting. Yum! Anyway, here's the recipe- hope you love it as much as I do! (This is not my recipe- I found it by doing a random google search!)

Devil's Food Cupcakes

3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 c. hot water
3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
1 1/2 c. unsalted butter
2 1/4 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sour cream

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together cocoa and hot water until smooth. 
2.)In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. 
3.) Melt butter with sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring to combine. Remove from heat and pour into a mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, beat until cooled (about 4-5 min.) 
4.)Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated. Add vanilla, then cocoa mixture, and beat until combined. 
5.) Add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with the sour cream
6.) Pour batter into cupcake pans, and bake in the oven for 20 min.

There you have it! One of my favorite cupcakes. Again, I'm new at this so my recipes aren't very challenging. But let's face it, some of the best baked goods are easy to make! Hopefully, as you all bear with me, I'll be popping out some new and more interesting recipes soon! Enjoy :)






No comments:

Post a Comment