Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake

So again I felt like baking but did not feel like running out to the store for ingredients. So after searching around online for awhile, I stumbled upon yet another yummy recipe. This one, is for a great coffee cake. Here's the link to the original recipe- Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake Recipe.

Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake

Ingredients- 

(for batter)
1 c. sour cream
3/4 c. butter
1 1/2 c. white sugar
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (though I chose to do without!)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 eggs


(for the "swirl"!)
1 Tbs. ground cinnamon
1/4 c. white sugar


Directions-
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, lightly grease your bundt pan
  2. Cream 1 1/2 c. white sugar with the eggs until well blended. 
  3. Add sour cream and butter, beat well.
  4. Add flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix well.
  5. Stir in vanilla and chopped nuts (nuts- optional)
  6. In another bowl, mix the remaining 1/4 c. sugar with the cinnamon.
  7. Pour half the batter into the pan, then sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over top.
  8. Then pour the rest of the batter into the pan, covering the cinnamon mixture.
  9. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 min. Lower heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for an additional 40 min.
Now I know a lot of people use different glaze recipes to top off their coffee cakes, but I was just using what I had in my pantry- which ended up being powdered sugar. I just sprinkled a little on top, and voila! A very yummy cake, indeed. Hope you enjoy it! 


Have a great weekend, everybody!!







1 comment:

  1. Next time I think I'd like to try a nice crumble on top! Hmm. What do you guys think is the perfect coffee cake topping?

    ReplyDelete