Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Finally blogging!

So I've had some friends who have been blogging for awhile, and I have to admit I've found it pretty impressive. I guess my only hesitation has been- "who the hell would want to waste time listening to what I have to say?" Well, I decided that I have some pretty interesting things to share with whoever is willing to listen out there, so I'm taking the leap! I have had some not-so-fun battles with depression, and I just came to the realization recently that I haven't had a real hobby that I truly enjoy in quite some time. So! I thought that baking would be something fun and mostly inexpensive to start with. I fell in love. I'm still pretty new at this, but I have a decent amount of baking equipment, a messy apron, and a can-do attitude! I'm on here to share some of my newly found successful recipes, and to pick up some new ones. I'd love to talk about tips and shared frustrations with all of my fellow bakers out there. Thanks for reading! Do you have any good starter recipes or tips? Recommendations for equipment? Funny stories? Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Woo Kylie is online!! Blogging and baking has helped me w my depression too. Just remind yourself if you don't get comments, people are still reading. I usually don't have time or I get frustrated w my phone to comment. Joining a baking group has helped me. I think tuesdayswithdorie.com is still taking members.

    I'm glad you're here now. Missed you on FB. Hope everything worked out at work.

    Also being active on twitter helps bonding w other bloggers & staying informed. That's how I talk to most bloggers now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first official blog comment, haha! Thanks for the support. I'm trying to be patient.. we'll see how long that lasts! And I think I've heard of tuesdayswithdorie before, I am definitely going to check it out! I miss FB like crazy.. and things are tolerable at work but barely. I'm not sure if I can convince myself to get into Twitter yet but I'll try to keep an open mind about it if the blog is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete