Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

My birds!

I have to say if there's one thing I'm currently enjoying in life more than baking and my job, it would have to be my birds. My boyfriend and I always said birds would make lousy pets, they're dirty and they're loud. Boy, were we wrong! My mother's friend's fiance passed away a couple of years ago and could no longer afford to keep their aviary going. So my mom offered to bring home 2 cockatiels- one was just a few weeks old. We fell in love with each other instantly! I named her George and she was my baby. Unfortunately, she came from a bad "clutch" and although she outlived her brothers and sisters by several weeks, she passed after only a short month! I was devastated. So after a few months my boyfriend, Jeremy, and I decided to get back into the bird scene. We got into it alright... we now own four beautiful birdies whom are all completely spoiled rotten. We have 2 cockatiels- Sheldon and Mona, 1 parrotlet- Penny, and 1 conure- Apollo. And a partridge in a pair tree (just kidding!) Anyway, here they are- making their debut!



I never thought in a million years I would be a 'bird person', but these little guys melted our hearts. The one on the bottom right, Sheldon, is definitely very bonded to me, and I to him! He is our only talker and will say, "Whaya doin?", "C'mere!", "Who's a pretty boy?", and "Good boy!" he also 'kisses' and attempts to sing the Imperial March from Star Wars. Very adorable. :)
Hope everyone had an awesome weekend! Tomorrow is pay day for me, so expect some recipes very soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment